Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quite The Spectacle.

Here's what's up. My latest project is a windowbox flower garden. Yeah. I bought my supplies Saturday. (Yesterday) and it was an adventure if I ever had one.

At Home Depot (My most favorite store ever! I am like the most valued customer. I practically live there.) my dad taught me how to pick out a good board. (Without him there I probably would have bought a very bad board.) We inspected a lot of boards. You have to see how level each one is and how smooth it is. Just picture me pulling out these 10-foot boards (And struggling quite a bit while doing so) and inspecting each one very carefully, making a pile of good and bads, then struggling even more (dropping many) while trying to put them all back. ha.

Then, I drove to the nursery. The flower nursery. (Another favorite store of mine. I love gardens.) And, I parked inbetween cars. And didn't hit anything. or anyone. or any car. I was pretty proud. Now, picture me smelling and oohing and ahhing over all the fresh new spring flowers while trying to steer a wagon full of them. Yeah, you wouldn't think it would be that hard. But, I was knocking over pots of flowers and banging into walls and corners all over the place. I also met a very lovely old lady with BRIGHT red lipstick. (It was AWESOME) Who pretty much made me promise I would not put my flowers outside for the next two weeks or they will die!!!

After that we went grocery shopping at Lin's. Usually when I go to Lin's it is a short notice thing. Like this time. I did not know we were going to Lin's. And, yeah as most of you know there is some pretty attractive cashiers. Who always happen to see me looking in my most unattractive state. ever.

Please note that I drove from place-to-place and I did not get flipped off once. not once. not ever. I am becoming a pro driver.

I got home and assembled this little window box garden. (Well, my dad assembled most of it) But, I did screw in a few screws before I got my power tool privledge taken away.

Anyways, soon I will put up pictures of my window box and the beautiful flowers I bought when it is all complete. Becuase, I promised that old lady I would not put my flowers outside for 2 weeks! (But, It will probably be just one. ha.)

Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, you make me laugh so hard! I am most grateful that you successfully parked inbetween two cars without hitting either of them. And congrats on not getting flipped off. I need to hear about your power tool privileges getting taken away. Ha. That sounds like you. You have a hilarious way of writing, thanks for sharing your day with us! Love you so much. Annnnddd, that window box full of flowers is going to be amazing!!! Love ya talented daughter of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to make a window box! I wanna see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very interested in the losing your "power tool privilege" part. And PS, if the lady in the red lipstick said 2 weeks, I'm pretty sure you should wait two weeks. Because only very wise older women really can pull off the red lipstick...she probably knows what she's talking about.
    I love your adventures. And congrats on the driving. It scares me to death to ride with Paris when she's driving and she's been doing it for awhile...I love the detail about choosing "good" boards with your dad. He's awesome. And he would definitely know a good board from a bad one, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole adventure in one day, whew makes an old gramma tired. Good job on always finding a new project, keeps life interesting.

    ReplyDelete