Monday, June 2, 2014

Building A Chicken Coop Process

IMG_6104 copy

We only spent about 90$ on wood and chicken wire. Which is pretty good if you look up how expensive chicken coops are.

IMG_6098 copyIMG_6116 copyIMG_6107 copyIMG_6128 copy

My dad, the architect, drew out exact plans with exact dimensions and you best believe that everything was exact, we used the ruler, level, and square a lot.

IMG_6203 copy

We never quite finished the roof. So it has a table and a slide sitting on top of it for now. (My dad’s going to be gone for 2 weeks, so this project will be on hold for a bit.)

IMG_6221 copy

2 out of the 3 chickens.

IMG_6232 copy IMG_6235 copy    

And of course I had to train them to walk up their new ramp, they didn’t really like it that much. Nonetheless, here’s to fresh eggs!    

3 comments:

  1. Only dad would draw out and build the coolest chicken coop. Love it! Bring me fresh eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! You're chickens are so cute, and from the way your holding them I'm assuming their friendly as well? I miss having chickens so much; they're so cute and fun (and of course there are the fresh eggs xD)! I love you pants in the picture by the way! The color is so pretty!
    xx,
    Brooke Jordan
    Pineapples & Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Erin! And here's to yummy fresh eggs! Can't wait to see you next month. xo

    ReplyDelete