Monday, August 4, 2014

Farm Life—The First Days

My beautiful cousins, Scarlett and Paris arrived! How excited we were to see each other after a year of separation. Here’s what our first few days were.

IMG_7952 copy

We got ourselves some baby chicks, George was easy enough to convince, he’s a sucker for birds.

IMG_7964 copy  IMG_7966 copy

Chip, Louis, and the nameless bird.

IMG_7956 copy

IMG_4063 copy

IMG_4042 copy

Candid shots.

IMG_8079 copy

Chasing chickens around

IMG_4051 copy

listening to their heartbeats?

IMG_8004 copyIMG_8087 copy

Paris the photographer & mine and scarlett’s golden band cover.

IMG_8106 copy

You know.

 IMG_8182 copy

Hanging upside down in the trees.

IMG_8138 copyIMG_8203 copy

IMG_8231 copyIMG_8251 copy

Scarlett being a hot farm model.

IMG_8207 copy

And us swinging in true spider fashion.

4 comments:

  1. YAY the farm! Loving these posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So FUN! Listening to chicken heartbeats reminds me of when Simon was little, he used to say, "Mom, I want to hear your heart-BEEP" and he'd press his head to my sternum. Heartbeep. But of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love your "Golden Band" photo! My Grandpa-in-law lives in Baltimore (the big city), and because I grew up in Idaho, assumes that I lived on a farm and chased chickens around all day, milked the cows, planted fields, etc. etc. After reading your post and seeing these pictures, I wish I had!

    Sue//Chevron and Lace
    susanstange.com

    ReplyDelete